The Linuxing In London Meetup strives to be an encouraging and safe space for everyone. We are collectively and individually committed to safety and inclusiveness. We insist on full respect of our members, our speakers, their respective organisations, the organising team, our hosts and their property.
Participants violating this code of conduct may be expelled from the event and/or our online community spaces at the discretion of the organisers.
The Linuxing In London Meetup endeavours to be a positive and safe space for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity or gender expression sexual orientation; disability; physical appearance (including but not limited to body size); race; age; religion; level of education; political views; or place of employment.
- We are collectively and individually committed to safety and inclusivity.
- We have zero tolerance for abuse, harassment, or discrimination.
- We respect people’s boundaries and identities.
- We refrain from using language that can be considered rude or inappropriate.
- We avoid using offensive topics as a form of humour, eg. sexism, racism, etc
- We encourage all people to learn, grow, and thrive.
- We welcome responsible and varied forms of expression.
- We will not be rude or disrespectful.
If you experience abuse, harassment, discrimination, or feel unsafe, please let an organiser know ASAP. The matter will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence. You can do this in person, via the MeetUp contact form, or via their contact information listed below.
Linuxing In London Meetup organisers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behaviour and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behaviour.
Linuxing In London Meetup organisers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct. This could include temporarily or permanently banning any person for any behaviours that organisers deem inappropriate, rude, threatening, offensive, or harmful, from the Meetup and/or the online community.
The organising team and how to contact them:
Brian (Organiser) – Twitter: @BrianLinuxing Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
David (Co-Organiser) – Twitter: @sw1ayfe Email: email@example.com